Monday, October 12, 2009

Kelly Hines: It's not about the technology

edurati review symbol

I for the most part agree with Kelly Hines and her post. It is very important for teachers to be life time learners. The teachers have to evolve along side with the students that they are teaching. Her point about learning and teaching are not the same thing is a point that I feel strongly about. You can stand in front of the class all day and beat on a point but if the students are not learning the material then you are just teaching to the walls. I feel that you have to be able to adapt to your students and figure out what it takes to make them learn in stead of burping back the information on test day. Technology is useless without good teaching was a great point in my opinion. Teachers have to use the technology to teach, not let the technology teach for them. One of the things that bothers me the most are when teachers put up a powerpoint and either have the students copy it or when they read word for word what it says. I think that you have to use points on the board and then teach off of the points. That way that you engage your students not just talk at them. This was a good blog in my opinion and I look forward to reading more from Mrs. Hines.

Click Here to go to Kelly Hines blog.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading and responding to my blog post. I still go back to that post as one I've most valued personally. I wonder how your (and your classmates) reflections will affect your future approaches to teaching and learning.
    - Kelly Hines

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Technology is useless without good teaching was a great point in my opinion. Teachers have to use the technology to teach, not let the technology teach for them." I agree. These are the two key points made by Mrs. Hines.

    " One of the things that bothers me the most are when teachers put up a powerpoint and either have the students copy it or when they read word for word what it says." Does this happen here at South? Oh, my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy Kelly Hine's views about technology. She has a firm grasp on the idea that we need to be good teachers. Technology will be part of our tools. I agree with you and Ms. Hines that "Technology is useless without good teaching".

    ReplyDelete