Monday, November 30, 2009

Michael Wesch

wordle image
This was a very entertaining video and I think that Dr. Wesch's lecture was great. My favorite line in the video was that "we are amusing ourselves to death". The funny thing about this is that this was a quote from over 25 years ago. This is very true with some people today. Dr. Wesch's study on youtube was interesting. The amount of videos that are uploaded daily are amazing and 99.99% of them do not affect me. I can not really relate to what he was saying about the people who use youtube because I do not really use it for anything other than school. I did like how he summed up American Idol from a quote from 1926. People are searching for an identity and I think that leads to the American Idol phenomenon and the amount of video's posted on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment