Monday, November 2, 2009

Mr. McClung: What I've Learned This Year

Mr. McClung

This was a very helpful blog post from Mr. McClung. My first year is one of the things that I am anticipating the most about becoming a teacher. I think that the first year is probably one of the biggest learning experiences that you will have in becoming a teacher.

My favorite part of his blog was about being flexible. "NO LESSON IS EVER PERFECT. THE LESSON YOU TEACH AND THE ONE YOU PLAN ARE ALWAYS DIFFERENT." This is very true. We have to be able to adapt and form ourselves and our lessons to the way our students learn.

2 comments:

  1. Very true! Some of it I cause myself, others circumstances. But things always change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Although I definitely do not think you should not have a plan. I just think that being flexible within that plan is the key to sanity, and also growth. I know a lot of teachers who are not flexible because they do not want to change.

    ReplyDelete