Monday, November 9, 2009

Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream



This was a very thought provoking video on the way that technology has made books almost obsolete. We have talked in many of my classes but I never really gave it any thought until last Friday when I was in the library and no one was looking at books. Instead everyone was using the computers in the library as opposed to looking through the books for the information. Also some of the books that I was thumbing through had not been checked out in a couple of years. This makes me ask the question why do we have books in our library any more. Why not just have a very large computer lab devoted to research.

Back to the topic though. Writing with multimedia sounds very interesting to me. The examples that Mr. Miller used in his video were very cool. I am not sure yet how to go about doing some of what he did but I think that I could see myself using this in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Like the school outside of Boston. But an even greater political storm would be let loose here if we were to sell all of our books!

    ReplyDelete